Thursday, April 1, 2010

Maundy Thursday


Today was weird because instead of going to work this morning, I was just coming home from work from the day before! Scott and I worked thru the night with four others, installing a children's garden at a mall in the suburbs, as a spring marketing gig for Jean Brook's Landscaping. I will do another blog just on that because it was a fun and magical project.
But it afforded me the day home today...and as I was cleaning and puttering in preparation for Easter and listening to our old worship pastor in Chicago on my computer, Take My Life and Let It Be came on--just as the golden sun was dipping out of sight and just as I was coming to the idea of pulling out bread and wine...with our chicken soup tonight. And I got very emotional. I thought about that dinner of intimate friends around sunset, the night before the worst and most magnificent death the world has ever known.
So I sang along with all my heart:
Take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee
Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise
Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee
Take my voice and let me sing always only for my King
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee
Take my silver and my gold, not a mite would I withold
Take my intellect and use every power as Thou shalt choose
Take my will and make it Thine, it shall be no longer mine
Take my heart it is Thine own, it shall be Thy royal throne
Take my love, my Lord, I pour, at Thy feet its treasures store
Take myself and I will be, ever only all for Thee
Frances Havergal, 1874
When will I finally give all these things up--?

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Amazing words we sing, I'm with you on the "when will I give them up." Praying your Supper was fulfilling & your Easter was wonderful!