Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dear Reader



Our prayers have all been answered. I finally arrived.
The healing that had been delayed has now been realized.
No one's in a hurry. There's no schedule to keep.
We're all enjoying Jesus, just sitting at His feet.

If you could see me now, I'm walking streets of gold.
If you could see me now, I'm standing strong and whole.
If you could see me now, you'd know I've seen His face.
If you could see me now, you'd know the pain is erased.
You wouldn't want me to ever leave this place.
If you could only see me now.

-Kim Noblitt

My Aunt Bev awoke this morning in the presence of God Almighty. And no one is disappointed with Him. I had such a restless weekend, being home alone. I found this devotional yesterday afternoon in my favorite, Come Away My Beloved:

A Song at Midnight

Behold I am near at hand to bless you,
and I will surely give to you out of the abundance of heaven.
For My heart is open to your cry; yes,
when you cry to Me in the night seasons,
I am alert to your call, and when you search after Me,
the darkness will not hide My face;
it will be as the stars that shine more brightly in the deep of night.
Even so shall it be. In the night of spiritual battle,
there I shall give you fresh revelations of Myself,
and you shall see Me more clearly that you could
in the sunlight of ease and pleasure.
Man by nature chooses the day and shuns the night;
but I say to you, I shall make your midnight a time of great rejoicing,
and I will fill the dark hour with songs of praise.
Yes, with David, you shall rise at midnight to sing.
It has been written, "Joy comes in the morning,"
but I will make your song break out in the night.
For he who lifts the shout of faith and praise in the night,
to him there shall be joy in the morning.


When we don't understand, why should we allow our human experiences to alter or affect our divine relationship with the Father? Joy alone is a healer and we can have it in the darkest hour if we will force our souls to rise up and meet Him in worship and adoration. Thank you for your prayers. They were not in vain. If we think we didn't pray hard enough, then we must not agree with Paul, who said, " not of works, lest anyone should boast." Please continue to pray for the loved ones Bev had to say goodbye to--they are in so much pain.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Beautifully written, Jayme. "And no one is disappointed with Him" especially struck me. I love you, sister. I'm praying for a way for you to go. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Jayme, you could use our Delta miles! Do you still have that info Dad gave you? I'm serious!!! Praying for all of you, Sweetheart! Love you so, Mom R