Sunday, July 22, 2007

July 22

Six years ago today, Scott and I had our first real date in St. Joseph, MI. We walked along the pier, swam in Lake Michigan in our street clothes and had a beautiful dinner at The Bistro. Then we went back to his parents house and watched Braveheart, just like we did on one of our dates from the first time around, way back in 1996. *Sigh* Such fond memories!

We decided to ride our bikes to Boston College and then we got coffee and split a chicken salad sub at a little cafe at the end of the green line and read for a while. Then we rode our bikes down to a reservoir that reminded me a lot of Notre Dame's little lake. In fact, most of Boston College reminded me of Notre Dame, although it is SO MUCH SMALLER!




Scott is thinking about applying for his PhD in Philosophy here this winter (for next fall) How exciting!


We stopped by the football field and the entrance was wide open, so we took a peek inside. It was fun being on a rival's home turf and imagining the roar of the full stadium....

Just a stone's throw from campus was the reservoir that reminded me of the lake at Notre Dame. It was so scenic and I got to see swans right up close!








Then we decided what we really should have done was to go down to the ocean to commemorate this sweet anniversary of sorts. So we took the Green line downtown and transferred to the Red Line. This is Carleton Beach.

Wish the sun set on the water....guess we'll have to go to California for that.


Scott pointed out a jelly fish waiting to hitch a ride on the next tide. Yikes, I've never seen one live and up close....and then he spotted another one!



Then we saw that they were EVERYWHERE!!! A living mine field! (When we got home, Scott looked them up and they are called Moon jellyfish and are NOT stingers. Whew! They're the shiny round things that look like polished stones)


Our first walk along the Atlantic together at dusk...


Downtown Boston at nightfall.

I love how the pier posts and their reflections together look like spindly legs...


We walked out to a point towards a bright, pristine building we knew to be the John F. Kennedy Museum and Library. Looked kinda like a giant sarcophagus--nothing inviting about it.




Later in the week, ironically, Scott would recieve a call to interview on this same point on the ocean, at The University of Massachusetts Boston's Library. We are anxiously awaiting a phone call. Finally, we walked all the way back to the red line, arm in arm, having a wonderful time laughing, joking, reminising...

2 comments:

Brittani Renee said...

Great pictures. Looks beautiful!
I'm good now- Sunday I was just drained and feeling a little "blah"

The portrait studio I wanted to work for is going to post a part time hire in a week or so! I'll keep you posted!
Love ya

jeny said...

I'm glad I keep checking backward on your blog. I would have missed some great posts!
I absolutely love the pictures of the jellyfish. I know that sounds strange, but they really caught me.